The Operations Management Group at Durham University supports an interdisciplinary community of academics who develop technical solutions to address pressing global issues. We examine how strategic objectives should be implemented in organisations and how materials, goods, and data can be transformed using technological advancements. We combine and develop cross-cutting and state-of-the-art techniques in optimisation, modelling and prediction. Our research projects leverage the expertise of our members to improve the sustainability of organisations, increase access to healthcare, heighten the efficiency of transport and logistics, and reduce risks and inequality.
- Jan. 2024, the operations management group welcomes the new colleagues Nalan Gulpinar and Stavros Zenios to join us. Welcome Nalan, and welcome Stavros!
- Dec. 2023, the operations management group welcomes the new colleague Prof. Fang Liu to join. Welcome, Fang!
- Dec. 2023, Dr. Yanlu Zhao’s research on ‘Synchronized deliveries with a bike and a self-driving robot’ published in the journal Transportation Science. Read more
- Nov. 2023, the operations management group welcomes the new colleague Dr. Gar Goei Loke. Welcome, Gar Goei!
- Aug. 2023, Dr. Riccardo Mogre’s research on ‘Dynamic Project Expediting: A Stochastic Shortest-Path Approach’ published in the journal Management Science. Read more